Two Day Itinerary
|Sail, cruise and bushwalk. Take in a river, wildlife and an ocean beach.|
|* Head for Sperm Whale Head for lunch. Along the way youll see lots of black swans in the shallow water behind Carstairs Bank (they look like picket fences). Watch out for dolphins, too.|
* There's a terrific picnic shelter with a gas barbecue in this part of the national park.
* After lunch, try one of the bushwalking trails. The track to Lake Killarney is delightful and youre sure to see some wallabies along the way.
* The Tambo River is a lovely contrast to the open lake waters and a great place to head for an overnight stay. If you're on a cruiser, you can go as far as the Cliffs, a very peaceful place.
* If you're on a yacht, stay closer to the mouth of the Tambo as you won't want to waste too much sailing time motoring along the river. Sometimes you can be lucky to have the wind in just the right quarter for a gentle run up the river until you come to a bend!
* The Tambo is a favourite fishing spot. The best catches are usually in the evening and early morning. And on hot days, swimming in the river is blissful.
|* If you feel like an early start, you could go to Paynesville for breakfast, or to Raymond Island for morning tea. Then across the Lake to Ocean Grange for a long walk along the Ninety Mile Beach.|
* Enjoy lunch on board at the Ocean Grange jetty, leaving here at about 1.00 pm to be back at Riviera Nautic for the end of your short break.
* Or call us on the radio and extend your holiday . . .
Day One locations
Day Two locations