|* The Barrier Landing makes a great first stop. Its a favourite destination on the Lakes because of the easy access to the Ninety Mile Beach, the delightful lake beach and good fishing.|
* Taking a walk along the ocean beach will start the process of unwinding in a wonderful way. Now you've earned lunch!
* After lunch, cruise back into Bancroft Bay to spend the night in Box's Creek. You can swim in the creek, or walk across to the Bancroft Bay beach. Or walk the length of both sides of the creek, through an area of temperate rainforest.
* Box's Creek is fantastic for birdlife. Look out for kingfishers in the late afternoon and sea eagles in the early morning. There's often good fishing in the creek, too.
|* Start the day by walking to the lookout to watch the sunrise, then eggs and bacon is a must in the clean, fresh environment.|
* Raymond Island is a good destination for lunch - and for koala spotting
* After lunch you'll still have plenty of time to go to Rotamah Island, to make this your overnight mooring. Rotamah is part of the national park, with lots of kangaroos and emus. The birdlife is stunning: there are some birdhides along the walking track that goes through to the Ninety Mile Beach (4 km return).
* A wood fired barbecue dinner will finish the day wonderfully.
|* After all that eating yesterday, you might like to take an early morning jog on Rotamah, listening to the birds.|
* Head across to the mouth of the Mitchell River to see another great sight on the Lakes: the Mitchell River silt jetties. Just a short way into the river there's a public jetty where you can stop for lunch.
* Then it's time to return to Riviera Nautic. (If you had an extra day you could take in the Bunga Arm which is wonderful.)
Day One locations
Day Two locations
Day Three locations